FAQ’s and Links

faq cropped

What is Conveyancing?
Conveyancing is the transfer of ownership of any property or estate from one person or company (as the case may be) to another. Conveyancing not only applies to those people who are purchasing or selling properties, but can also be the result of a gift or a devise by Will. The role of SDA Conveyancing is to ensure that a clear title is conveyed in a simple yet effective and complete manner.

Why you can trust SDA Conveyancing?

At SDA Conveyancing we have over 25 years experience representing clients in all aspects of property work. As of 1 July 2008, any person providing a conveyancing service as a Conveyancer must hold an appropriate Licence. SDA Conveyancing is fully Licensed (Licence No. 778L). By law, we are required to and carry, Professional Indemnity Insurance. We are proud to be able to say that we are members of both the Australian Institute of Conveyancers (Vic. Division) and The Institute of Legal Executives. As a member of each organisation, our Code of Conduct and practice is governed by the Rules and Ethics of each Organisation. We are required to maintain a Continuing Professional Development Register ensuring that we remain up to date with all the latest changes in the area of Property Law. Our aim is to give you security and peace of mind with the knowledge that your transaction is being dealt with in a professional and effective manner. That’s why you can rely on us.

What is Stamp Duty?
Stamp Duty is a tax imposed by the Victorian Government on the purchase of a property in Victoria. Stamp Duty is payable by the buyer. It is determined by the purchase price of the property in the Contract of Sale together with any concessions you may be entitled to.

What are Disbursements?
Disbursements are the monies paid out by us on your behalf to obtain certain information about the property being bought or sold and which is required to be disclosed to any Purchaser under the Sale of Land Act 1962. The cost of Disbursements will differ depending if you are a seller or a buyer.

Disbursements may include some or all of the following:

  • Title Search;
  • Plan of Subdivision;
  • Land Tax Certificate;
  • Building Certificate;
  • Planning Certificate;
  • Roads Certificate;
  • Council Land Information Certificate;
  • Water / Encumbrance Certificate; and
  • Owners Corporation (Body Corporate) fees (if relevant).

What are Adjustments?
Adjustments are an apportionment ot the rates, taxes and outgoings between the Vendor and Purchaser. Adjustments are made to ensure that the Vendor pays their portion up to the date of settlement (or such other date as detailed in the Contract) and the Purchaser assuming liability for the remaining portion. Adjustments ensure that any arrears and/or outstanding rates and charges have been or will be paid by the Vendor.

What is a Section 32 Vendors Statement?
The Section 32 Vendor’s Statement is the document that provides the Purchaser with all the relevant information about the property. It details information such as the property Title description, any registered covenants or easements, planning schemes and zoning, council and water rates, land tax, drainage, building permits, notices and much more.



Whether you’re buying or selling a home or land, below are some links that we believe you may find useful.

Government Services

State Revenue Office

Stamp Duty Calculator

First Home Owner’s Grant Information

Department of Sustainabilty and Environment Land Title Information

Consumer Affairs Victoria


Peak Professional Body

Australian Institute of Conveyancing (Vic.) Division

Institute of Legal Executives


Other Services


Just Inspections


BSS Group



Stewart Title Limited



Building Industry Solutions



Direct Connect